Oaks Membership Covenant
As a baptized believer in Jesus Christ, I commit to living in unity as a covenant member at Church at the Oaks, by the power of the Holy Spirit, and through the grace found in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Minimum requirements for membership:
- A personal commitment of faith in Jesus Christ for salvation.
- Baptism by immersion as a testimony and public profession of faith.
- Completion of the Oaks 101 class (in person or online)
- A membership meeting with one of our Pastors.
- A commitment each calendar year to abide by the Membership Covenant.
As a covenant member of Church at the Oaks:
- I confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and have followed him in scriptural baptism.
- I will strive to develop personal and family spiritual disciplines.
- I will maintain a lifestyle that is consistent with scripture.
- I will preserve the unity of the church in matters of non-essential beliefs or preferences.
- I will submit to the biblical leadership of the church and support the leaders in prayer.
- I will actively pursue biblical community within Oaks and participate in small groups.
- I will attend corporate worship on a regular basis.
- I will pursue opportunities to serve in and through Church at The Oaks, especially in the use of my spiritual gifts.
- I will give generously and consistently to support the church in a manner that reflects the generosity shown to us in the gospel.
- I will live missionally in my daily life, practicing personal evangelism and disciple-making, and pray for my role in our sending efforts.
- I will pray for and support those being sent to plant churches and serve as missionaries around the world.